The EDF Group had 159,740 employees as of 31 December 2012, with 107,333 at EDF and ERDF and 52,407 in the Group's other subsidiaries and holdings.
The table below shows how the number of employees of each of the Group's subsidiaries and holdings has changed (weighted by the financial consolidation percentage) over the last 3 years:
|Subsidiaries (France & International)||53,449||35.6||52,214||33.4||52,407||32.8|
(1) The workforces of EDF and ERDF include employees not employed under EGI status by EDF and ERDF. ERDF's workforces include, in addition to its own employees, those whose services are shared, including 100% electricity employees (34,324), and a proportion of employees assigned to combined gas and electricity activities (3,887), divided between electricity/gas on an approx. 75/25 basis.
(2) Excluding RTE (N.B. RTE's workforce in 2009 8,809 employees; in 2010 8,822 employees; in 2011, RTE had approximately 8,779 employees; in 2012, RTE had approximately 8,843 employees).
(3) Since 2011, the workforces included occupational physicians, staff employed as part of various social measures (apprentices, professional training contracts) as well as staff seconded to external bodies (AMADOE), i.e. on 31 December 2012, 3,962 EDF staff and 2,429 ERDF staff. (In 2011, 3,574 staff for EDF and 1,955 staff for ERDF on 31 December 2011).
With more than 6,500 recruitments for only 3,500 retirements in 2012, EDF and ERDF have taken on an extra 3,000 people.
The table below shows the distribution of the Group's employees in France over the last 3 years:
|EDF - Deregulated sector ||62,201||67,184||69 122|
|Generation and engineering||35,173||36,569||38 417|
|Island Electricity Systems (SEI)||3,224||3,193||3 177|
|CDI and CDD (not employed under the |
|ERDF - Regulated sector||34,370||36,770||38 211|
|Other French subsidiaries||23,710||23,312||21 995|
|Electricité de Strasbourg, Tiru, EDF EN, SOCODEI, Fahrenheit, EDF PEI (in 2011 & 2012), EDF Optimal Solutions (only in 2012)||6,134||5,331||6 031|
|Dalkia International||17,576||17,981 ||15 964 |
|TOTAL France||120,281||127,266||129 328|
(1) Since 2011, the workforces for 2012 included occupational physicians, staff employed as part of various social measures (apprentices, professional training contracts) as well as staff seconded to external bodies (AMADOE), i.e. on 31 December 2012, 3,962 EDF staff and 2,429 ERDF staff.
The table below shows the distribution of the employees of the Group's international subsidiaries and holdings (for the scope of consolidation) over the last 3 years:
|EDF Energy (United kingdom)||15,441||15,536||15,153|
|EDF Trading (United kingdom)||888 ||904||1 025|
|Edison (Italy) (1)||1,929||1,843||3,248|
|Other foreign subsidiaries||11,481||10,619||10,986|
|Eastern Europe||6,421 ||5,606||6,015|
|Western and Mediterranean Europe and Africa||3,553 ||3,518||3,450|
(1) Edison has been 100% consolidated since 1 June 2012.
Taking a closer look